FR RU

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Et si tu n'existais pas translation?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aitee

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 9:05 pm    Post subject: Et si tu n'existais pas translation? Reply with quote

I love Joe Dassin songs and this one was always my favourite. I would love to use the lyrics as my special Love Letter to my husband. Sadly, he doesn't know French and it must be in English... Is there any translation available? I was trying to find it online, but the only one I have found is in Russian...
RedStone Kate
Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 3:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear Aitee,
If you want, I can translate this song for you (I am a professional translator at least Wink ) but if I try to make rhymes, I'm afraid the exactness would suffer... So if the variant without rhymes is okay, I'll soon post the translation here.

Olya

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2004 2:18 am    Post subject: Re: Et si tu n'existais pas translation? Reply with quote

aitee wrote:
I love Joe Dassin songs and this one was always my favourite. I would love to use the lyrics as my special Love Letter to my husband. Sadly, he doesn't know French and it must be in English... Is there any translation available? I was trying to find it online, but the only one I have found is in Russian...

I speak Russian, the Russian version is beautiful too...and the lyrics are directly translated. If you want me to help, answer me here =) (I speak FRench too)
katiac
Visitor

PostPosted: Tue Mar 16, 2004 8:06 pm    Post subject: Re: Et si tu n'existais pas translation? Reply with quote

aitee wrote:

Hi there is an spanich version, here in south america was a succes in 1979

Bye
Katia
________
Vaporizer reviews

Last edited by katiac on Sat Mar 12, 2011 3:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Et si tu n'existais pas translation? Reply with quote

Hello everyone!
I love Joe Dassin songs as well. I am looking for translation of his song Et si tu n'existais pas. Can you help me please. I would appreciate it in English or russian. Smile

aitee wrote:

PostPosted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Et si tu n'existais pas translation? Reply with quote

Anonymous wrote:
Hello everyone!
I love Joe Dassin songs as well. I am looking for translation of his song Et si tu n'existais pas. Can you help me please. I would appreciate it in English or russian. Smile My email is: xleyla@yandex.ru

aitee wrote:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2005 1:15 am    Post subject: Re: Et si tu n'existais pas translation? Reply with quote

Hi all,

Happy Holidays!!!

I realize this thread is from a while back, but have there been any updates on either English or Russian translation of Joe Dassin lyrics? (especially Et si tu n'existais pas) ... can't seem to be able to find any on-line...

Thanks!
Michel
Habitue

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2005 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there have been any English translations recently. As for Russian ones, you can find some in the Russian part of the Forum.
If you badly need an English translation of Et si tu n'existais pas, I can make it. Wink

nader

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2006 2:00 pm    Post subject: where is the translation? Reply with quote

dear redstone...u mentioned that u'd post the english lyrics of the song...but i cant find it?
Kehlen Crow
Visitor

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dear nader, I think the translation hasn't been made since aitee didn't confirm her request.

But I think Michel will make it for you Wink

Michel
Habitue

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nader, RedStone Kate doesn't seem to visit this Forum any longer...
But if you want a translation, I'll make it for you. Only please confirm you want it, because I want to be sure you'll show up here once again and I won't lose my time doing things nobody needs. Smile

hovik

PostPosted: Fri Mar 17, 2006 4:32 am    Post subject: Et si tu n'existais pas Reply with quote

this song is very special to my wife and I - this was our first dance on our engagement party. i was wondering if the english translation is available.
Maxiebird
Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:51 am    Post subject: Re: Et si tu n'existais pas translation? Reply with quote

aitee wrote:

While I can sympathize withyou, Oh my God French is the language of lovers. You could get yourself a very good French dictionary and a half decent phrase book and translate. Even if you can't translate word for word then you will at least get the gist of it.

After all, it is the not always the literal meaning that has the most effect.

Maxiebird
Visitor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2006 1:06 am    Post subject: Re: Et si tu n'existais pas translation? Reply with quote

aitee wrote:

I wrote earlier about getting a dictionary et but i've just listened to the same song. While I stand by my first advice I have to say me and my husband have made love to this song and others without actually needing a translation.

Not meaning to be too forward. OK?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 12, 2006 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

me and my girlfriend love joe ..existe pas whatsoever please translate..polish greetings
Post new topic   Reply to topic    JoeDassin.Info Forum Index -> Joe Dassin All times are GMT + 4 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: