FR RU

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Homage to Joe Dassin, 20.08.05 in Namur

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kehlen Crow
Visitor

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: Homage to Joe Dassin, 20.08.05 in Namur Reply with quote

It was the best day of this year and one of the very best of my life.
Yet is was so full of emotions that I can remember almost nothing else. This overwhelming sensation of friendship which filled me the very minute I entered the Regiani Hall and which was there during the whole day. Not many people knew each other at the beginning and yet it was one of the very rare (on my part) occasions when it felt natural. Whoever wanted to talk spoke whoever wanted just to be there was silent and everyone was at ease.
All came to share the warmth of their hearts and notwithstanding the rain outside it was sunny in this room.
Everybody was happy but none more then the president of the Club, M. Jean-Claude Robrecht.

A few words about what we did there.
We listened to the songs. watched a great collections of photos, and then it was the most pleasant surprise of the evening - Joe's son Jonathan arrived to greet us. I will never forget the astonished looks everyone has exchanged on his totally unexpected arrival and especially the look on the face of Jean-Marie Balon. who organised the whole evening.

Then we listened to the songs which were especially dear to some of the persons present. It was not easy to choose only one song from so many you love but the more interesting to know why those who have chosen theirs single it out.

And then some extracts from the concerts. There was one.. They say the very last one. It was very horrible and yet so funny every one burst out laughing.

A funny moment. I'm very sorry, I can never remember the names
I had a little talk with a Swiss present there. He told me that he is teaching languages. So one day made his students listen to Les Champs-Elysées in japonese aftewards asking them what the language was. They said FRENCH!. Smile

It was a fantastic day that will be remembered forever.
Thank you, Jean-Marie and Sandra and M. Robrecht for the great organisation Very Happy
and everyone else - it was unbelievingly wonderful!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JoeDassin.Info Forum Index -> Joe Dassin All times are GMT + 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: