FR RU

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Looking for missing volumes of the "clouds" series

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JoeDassin.Info Forum Index -> Announcements: looking-for, offers...
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TomD
Visitor

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2007 11:16 pm    Post subject: Looking for missing volumes of the "clouds" series Reply with quote

First off, compliments for this excellent website. It has been a very fun and useful source of information for me!

I grew up listening to Joe's music (my dad plays it often) and especially the CD "Salut les amoureux" has a lot of value to me. It is volume 5 of a series of 9 CD's which covers Joe's entire discography, singles included (volume 5 contains the albums "Elle etait oh..." and "Joe"). I managed to add volume 1, 3 and 4 to the collection. But I'm still deperately looking for the volumes 2, 6, 7, 8 and 9 to complete the series. Since they're out of print for a while they're very hard to find. Any help with locating any of these would be very much appreciated!

Here's a picture of what the front covers look like: they're all the same in different colors.

Last edited by TomD on Sat May 26, 2007 6:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kehlen Crow
Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I think you're talking about the "Integral" of 1989.

Are you looking for those discs for your collection, or more in order to listen to the songs that are difficult to find?

If it is the second, I may recommend buying the newest "Integral" of 2005, amazon.fr has it in stock right now.

By the way, the Integral 1989 doesn't cover all songs (unfortunately, none of them does, and us maniacs have to buy them all in order to have all songs released Wink)

If you're collecting though, I will only wish you good luck finding it on e-bay or some other place Smile

TomD
Visitor

PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2007 3:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what you mean with being a discography maniac, I've covered some discographies on a per-song basis. One of them: The Rolling Stones. I can tell you, that's a helluva job! I did it on the one half because I like their music so much, but on the other half just for the sport of it. Looking at about 50 original Stones records now..

But back to Joe. Yes it's the 1989 series. I didn't know they also called it "Integrale". As they also call the set you're referring to "Integrale" aswell as this one (only containing the albums).

I had already found out that the 2005 Integrale covers the entire 1989 Integrale. So the 2005 Integrale would be a very good substitute, offering a lot more songs even. But as you have guessed I want to complete the 1989 series Razz

I've located volume 7 and 8 by the way, but at 50 euros per CD. And that's a bit on the high end if you ask me. Especially because those two just cover 4 regular albums which can be obtained for a much better price. I think second hand record shops will be my best option. Do you happen to know until when the 1989 series was pressed (1999)?

On the side, when you say the 2005 Integrale doesn't cover all songs, do you mean it still misses out on studio material?

Kehlen Crow
Visitor

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems that something "big" appears approximately every 5 years, first (on CD) it was the series you're looking for (yep, 50 euros for a disc is too much, the last Integrale costs about 100 for all 10 discs. Unfortunately, I don't know till when the one of 1989 was pressed, maybe somebody else does Rolling Eyes );
then in 1995 there was another, on 10 CDs , that many consider the best there is,
then in 2000 they re-edited the albums, as you mentioned,
and finally in 2005 they pressed the newest Integrale.

One of us maniacs, Alexander, has found out the titles they missed there, quite a lot actually, 32 songs in languages other than French:
In Eng.:
Can't Help But Wonder
High Sheriff
Home Made Ice Cream
I've Got A Thing About You Baby
Lustful Earl And The Married Woman
My Kind Of Woman
Promises
The Change
You Don't Mess Around With Jim
You Were On My Mind

in Germ.:
Bye- Bye Louis
Darauf Ein Glas
Das Sind Zwei Linke Schuh’
Dieser Sanger Braucht Nur Ein Chanson
Ein Herz Und Eine Seele
Ich Hab’ Mich Verliebt
Immer Weiter
In Versailles In Dem Grossen Garten
Keiner Singt Gern Allein
Meines Vaters Sohn
Melanie
Schone Grusse an Mama
Sie War Ooh!...
Sylvie
Wahre Liebe Ist Ganz Leise
Zigueunerzirkus

in Sp.:
El Amor Se Va
En Los Jardines De Mi Ciudad
La Vida Viene
Si Tu Me Extranas

In It.:
Un Giorno D’Aprile

In Jap.:

Mon Village Du Bout Du Monde

The reason seems to be that on one of the 10 discs they put not the studio records, but a live concert in Olympia, 1974. The reasoning is strange, but oh, well. Neutral

TomD
Visitor

PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting. I went and sorted it out a bit more, comparing the integrale sets from '89, '95 and '05. I already found out that the 05 set covers the enitire '89 set. However the '95 set does not, as it lacks the following 11 songs:

Sunday Times
Yellowstone Cowbear
Cotton Fields
Pick A Bale O' Cotton
The Guitar Don't Lie
Nobody Knows You
Kansas City
Crésus Et Roméo (En Duo Avec Carlos)
C'est La Fête (Duo Avec Marcella)
Après La Fête (Duo Avec Marcella)
Martine (Duo Avec Marcella)

Compared to the '05 set, the '95 set lacks these 14 songs:

Sunday Times
Depuis L'Année Dernière
Trois Caravelles
A La Folie
La Musique C'est Le Monde Des Fous
Yellowstone Cowbear
Cotton Fields
Pick A Bale O' Cotton
The Guitar Don't Lie
We Ain't Makin It
Nobody Knows You
Kansas City
Je Change Un Peu De Vent (Première Version)
Guantanamera (Première Version)

And compared to the '95 set, the '05 set lacks these 21 songs:

Can't Help But Wonder (Inedit) (Combien De Temps Pour T'oublier)
You Were On My Mind (Inedit) (Ca M'avance A Quoi)
Un Giorno D'aprile (Pauvre Doudou)
Mon Village Au Bout Du Monde (Inedit) (En Japonais)
Melanie
Mein Vaters Sohn (Un Cadeau De Papa)
Das Sind Zwei Linke Schuhe
Bye-Bye Louis (En Allemand)
Darauf Ein Glas (A La Sante D'hier)
Immer Weiter (Allez Roulez !)
Ich Hab' Mich Verliebt
Ein Herz Und Eine Seele (La Ligne De Vie)
Zigueuner Zirkus (La Mal-Aimee Du Courrier Du Coeur)
Sie War Ooh ! (Elle Etait Oh !)
Dieser Sanger Braucht Nur Ein Chanson (Le Chanteur Des Rues)
Sylvie (En Allemand)
Schone Grusse An Mama (Fais La Bise A Ta Maman)
In Versailles In Den Grossen Garten
Wahre Liebe Ist Ganze Leise (La Derniere Page)
Keiner Singt Gern Allein (A Chacun Sa Chanson)
En Los Jardines De Mi Ciudad (Le Jardin Du Luxembourg)

But I can't find these 11 songs from your list on any of the integrale sets:

High Sheriff
Home Made Ice Cream
I've Got A Thing About You Baby
Lustful Earl And The Married Woman
My Kind Of Woman
Promises
The Change
You Don't Mess Around With Jim
Keiner Singt Gern Allein
El Amor Se Va
La Vida Viene

Taking all of this into account it turns out the '95 set is indeed the most complete one, only missing 14 songs compared to the '05 set. While the '05 set misses 21 songs compared to the '95 set. But considering those are nearly all German versions, I'd rather go for the '05 set Very Happy So if I can't find the missing volumes of the '89 set it will be that one. Only problem is, in general I dislike what they do with modern remastering techniques. I've experienced several cases in which the process took away all authenticity in the sound the recording is supposed to have. Do you know how the '05 set sounds?

Michel
Habitue

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TomD, your list seems to be incorrect. For example, the songs

Yellowstone Cowbear
Cotton Fields
Pick A Bale O' Cotton
The Guitar Don't Lie
Nobody Knows You
Kansas City

are present on the 1995 set. And all the songs you list in the end are present on the same set, all right.
Then: you should take into account that there are some songs that only have been published recently. For example, Trois caravelles or We ain't makin' it can only be found on the latest set, but it is pretty logical - these have been discovered a few years ago.
And last, but not least. There may be several versions of one song. For example, Guantanamera from the 1989 set is not the same as the song with same title from the 1995 set (single and album versions respectively). So, you have also pay attention to this - there are a few songs that exist in different versions.
Hope I did not scare or confuse you too much. Smile

TomD
Visitor

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll ensure you, start on the Rolling Stones and you'll understand the meaning of scary discographies Razz

If those songs are present on the 1995 set the information I got from amazon.fr is wrong. You can see which songs they list here.

And in that case I'd say the 1995 set is the best one indeed. I can't find another complete tracklist however, do you have one available?

Michel
Habitue

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a look here: http://www.joedassin.info/en/disc86.html

They give the contents of only 10 CDs on amazon.fr, that must be the reason.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JoeDassin.Info Forum Index -> Announcements: looking-for, offers... All times are GMT + 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: